Thursday, April 1, 2010

Christian Roots


My Easter Altar, baskets for searching and a few delicious chocolates hidden away for Sunday or Monday:


My altar has some craft pom poms that we will use during this extended break from school. A little lamb from a craft at Imbolc, also a lot of lamb imagery used in Christian teachings. A gardening book to get me thinking about what small plant projects I can take on this year, my thumb is far from green. My lovely mother angel. The box with a medieval cross on it was previously full of cards that I have almost finished giving out in the past 5 or so years. Now its home to a lovely art game, a great reminder to play many games this weekend.


I really enjoyed Palm Sunday at church with my sons & mother. For my spiritual path I have found it essential to attend a Christian church. I want my children to understand and appreciate our heritage and make their own decisions. All sides of our family tree has very strong Christian roots, thus it is important for us to examine and celebrate Christianity together. Hosanna! How beautiful it was to see all the kids dancing around the church pews with palm leaves, smiling and everyone singing together.

I am still getting a few pages of Mary Daly in every few days, the baby has had a bad cold & teething fever. It feels very right to be reading this radical feminist theologian as my Lenten project.


I wish everyone a lovely Break as families gather together and spend time breathing in the new fresh season of renewal. Just finishing up another batch of Spring is here, Bunnies and good cheer Greek Butter cookies.



Love Heidi


No comments:

Post a Comment