Saturday, April 17, 2010

Favorite Film Triptych


I enjoy watching movies, however I often don't make time to enjoy one of the most varied art forms of our age. In the past little while I have watched three films that I really enjoyed and wanted to pass on my reviews and recommendations. Warning. If you don't like slow movies that require a certain amount of patience don't watch my picks. I really do have a love affair with movies that seem to slow the pace of life, allowing all the beautiful refractions of light and detail to the surface.

Here is the triptypch of films that I've recently really enjoyed:

L'heure d'été , Fierce Light , Emotional Arithmetic

These three tie together perfectly in my mind. Each deals with the origins and preservation of memories and important creations of families within communities. Each also deals with mourning in its own unique way. I watched each of these with the baby napping on me in some quiet time. The movies really helped me escape into another landscape and the emotional dramas of each of them kept me glued to my TV screen.

2 comments:

  1. All of these sound great! I'll have to add them to the list.

    Hope you are well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. super. I'm enjoying your nature/outdoor pics too Jen. the boys and I stayed inside all day cleaning and moving stuff around in our house, a rarity.

    ReplyDelete