Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Earth Day Hurray!












I love Earth Day! Its always been highlighted in some way by meaningful reflections. I remember as a school kid celebrating and focusing on environmentalism. This year My friends and I organized an Earth Day hike through the Amherst Bird Sanctuary. It was amazing with ten young children and many mothers and fathers. We headed off a bit late ... but made it to the beautiful mother tree and all the kids gave a big circle hug. Then we hiked for over an hour through wonderfully hilly trails and not too much mud. We saw lots of critters including chickadees, robins, blue jays and even a fe
w deer at the end. Everyone felt loved by the Earth and our family of friends. We got bug & fairy tattoos, rice cakes, chocolate cupcakes and other snacks and lots of water. I had spent a lot of time thinking about Bees before arriving so choose a bee tattoo for myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment